

Final Comments: Here are few tips when taking photos of puppies -
- Have patience! Puppies are far from being trained, so most "tricks" just don't work, so just be ready to wait for the perfect moment
- Take LOTS of photos - it's hard to know if you've gotten those eyes real sharp, so snap away to make sure you get the perfect one
- Use a fast lens and learn what shutter speed works. I used my 50mm lens.
- Be ready for changing light situations - indoors/outdoor/shade/sunny
- Get low...most likely a puppy will have its nose to the ground and not up at you
- Be prepared to get dirty
- Use dog treats or food to distract them into a pose - usually they will end up jumping to the food, but you just might get lucky
- Put them on a stool/chair/counter - this will help them stay still long enough to snap a photo. I put Bennett up on the back of my car just long enough to get two great photos...wishing I had done that at the start. :)
- Capture them in their environment to show just how tiny they really are
Oh, and yes, I realize this post has nothing to do with Sunrise or Sunset! But hey, Bennett was a way cuter post than a sunrise would be! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment